Child Custody Bel Air MD
[Child Custody Bel Air MD] Involved in a child custody dispute in Bel Air, MD? When you need trusted legal counsel for your Harford County child custody dispute, call Attorney James Gault. Offering compassionate representation, affordable rates, FREE consultations, and evening/weekend appointments if requested. Conveniently located in the heart of Bel Air, MD.
Child Custody Bel Air MD
Call The Law Offices of James Gahring Gault
There is no such thing as an easy, stress-free resolution to a child custody dispute. When a couple has chosen to divorce, and children are involved, even the most amicable of people can become entrenched in a battle of wills and wants and demands. It is the children, after all, that are being fought for and there are no bonds quite as strong as that of a mother or a father to his or her child. Understandably, child custody disputes can be extremely taxing and draining. And, unfortunately, they often do not end with 100% satisfaction among the parties. Where child custody arrangements are concerned, few folks can claim complete happiness with the court’s decision. It is for these reasons that, when a complaint for divorce is filed, and minor children are involved, it is wise to research and speak with experienced family law attorneys that are seasoned in the area of child custody.
The Law Offices of James Gahring Gault, conveniently located in Bel Air, MD, provides a host of legal services but focuses its practice to that of Family Law. Whether you are in need of a divorce attorney, a child custody lawyer, or legal representation for any other family law matter, Attorney Gault boasts over two decades of legal experience and can provide effective legal representation for those in need.
If you are looking for a seasoned family law attorney to aid in your child custody dispute, we encourage you to pick up the phone, call (410) 638-2600, and get in touch with Attorney Gault. Or, simply use our online contact form and you will be contacted within 24 hours. For those simply researching or looking to obtain more information regarding your Bel Air, MD Child Custody Dispute, we encourage you to review the following important factors to consider.
Factors to Consider in Custody Disputes
There is no statute in Maryland that enumerates the multiple factors to be considered by the Circuit Courts in determining the “best interests of the child” in custody disputes. However, the appellate courts in Maryland have addressed the necessary factors. The appellate case law provides that the Circuit Court may properly consider the following factors:
- The fitness of the parents,
- The character and reputation of the parties,
- The adaptability of the prospective custodian to the task,
- The age, sex, and health of the child,
- The physical, spiritual, and moral well-being of the child,
- The environment and surroundings in which the child will be reared,
- The influences likely to be exerted on the child,
- If the child is mature and old enough to make a rational choice (the preference of the child),
- Any agreements between the parties,
- Maintaining natural family relations,
- The material opportunities affecting the future life of the child,
- The residences of the parents and opportunity for visitation (i.e., the geographic proximity of the parents’ homes),
- The length of separation from natural parent,
- Prior voluntary abandonment or surrender of the child by a parent,
- The capacity of the parents to communicate and to reach shared decisions affecting the child’s welfare,
- The willingness of the parents to share custody,
- The relationship established between the child and each parent,
- The potential disruption of the child’s social and school life,
- Any demands of either parent’s employment,
- The age and number of children,
- The desire of the parents and the sincerity of each parent’s request,
- The financial status of the parents,
- Any impact on state or federal assistance,
- Any benefit to either parent, and/or
- Any other relevant factors.
To obtain more information, please read our detailed article concerning Harford County Child Custody and Visitation or read What Factors do Courts Take Into Account When Deciding Who Gets Custody of the Children?
Child Custody Bel Air MD, Child Custody Disputes Harford County MD, Child Custody Attorney Bel Air MD